Vodafone now offers the possibility to top up your prepaid phone at any time using five different methods. You can top up by using a Vodafone card you can purchase from any kiosk or other point of sale throughout Greece, by obtaining an e-receipt at retail points, by visiting a Vodafone store, via ATM, while in a foreign country, or by requesting a tariff plan subscriber to send you a certain amount of airtime by debiting their monthly fixed fee.
If you are unable to top up using a card or other mobile phone, Vodafone recommends you use the airtime extension service.
Select the method that suits your needs, purchase airtime immediately ensuring that you never run out of airtime!
- There is a specific expiry date for the airtime provided. Subscribers can be informed at any time by making a free call to 1252. More specifically:
- Concerning top-ups performed before 1 April 2012, the airtime provided will remain valid for 12 months from the date of the last top-up. Should no new top-up be performed during that period, the remaining airtime will expire.
- Concerning top-ups performed between 1 April 2012 and 30 September 2012, the airtime provided will remain valid until 30 March 2013. Should no new top-up be performed during that period, the remaining airtime will expire.
- Concerning top-ups performed since 1 October 2012 onwards, the airtime provided will remain valid for 6 months from the date of the last top-up. Should no new top-up be performed during that period, the remaining airtime will expire.
- The top-up that must be performed in order to prevent the expiry of airtime does not include airtime transferred through the Vodafone sharing service or from Vodafone tariff plan subscribers.
- Should the airtime validity period expire, any remaining airtime transferred through the Vodafone sharing facility or from Vodafone tariff plan subscribers will be lost.
- A subscriber can top up even if the airtime provided by the previous top-up has not been used up or even if their account has a negative balance. In this case, the positive or negative balance from the previous top-up (e.g. through the credit extension service) will be added to the new airtime.
- A subscriber can send text messages if the remaining airtime is more than 0.09 cents (inclusive of VAT).
- The value of top-up cards includes VAT and mobile telephony tax.
- In every case, the expiry date of the SIM card remains the same. Once activated, the card remains valid for 12 months from the date of the last top-up. Upon the expiry of the 12-month period and if a top-up is not performed within the next 30 days, Vodafone reserves the right to disconnect the subscriber’s personal telephone number from the network. The validity period of the SIM card cannot be cumulatively transferred to another top-up card.
Top up using the Vodafone recharge / scratch cards on 1252
Via a prepaid recharge card (from 5€ to 30€), you can top up your prepaid phone simply and easily following the instructions printed on the back of the card. Simply use the following 3 steps:
- Scratch the surface of the card to reveal the code.
- Call 1252 from your mobile free of charge or call 6944 40 12 54 from a digital fixed phone (with extra charge), and enter the code. You can also top up using a different Vodafone (tariff plan or prepaid) mobile phone by calling 1254 free of charge.
- Follow the instructions to enter the card code in order to register the recharge value and top up your prepaid mobile phone.
Top up using an e-receipt
You can top up by purchasing an e-receipt from terminals installed at kiosks and various retail points throughout Greece. Call 1252 from your mobile free of charge or 6944 40 12 54 from a digital fixed phone (with extra charge) and enter the 12-digit code printed on the receipt. You can also top up using a different Vodafone (tariff plan or prepaid) mobile phone by calling 1254 free of charge. This applies for amounts from 5€ to 30€.
Top up at a Vodafone store
Visiting a Vodafone store is the easiest method you can use to top up. Simply visit a Vodafone store, state your mobile phone number and the top-up amount of your choice and the relevant airtime will be credited automatically. Available credit amounts range between 5€ and 50€, always in integer numbers.
Top up via bank ÁÔÌs
You can top up your prepaid mobile phone at the ATMs of Alpha Bank, National Bank of Greece and Piraeus Bank.
Use the following steps:
- Insert your cash card in the ATM and enter your PIN, as you would for any other transaction.
- From the initial menu, select: Vodafone MOBILE TELEPHONY.
- Two options will appear on the screen, one for Vodafone account payments and one for Vodafone prepaid/CU top-up.
- Select: Vodafone prepaid/CU.
- The screen informs you that you are about to purchase credit by debiting your bank account. If you agree, select: Yes.
- Three alternative top-up options will appear on the screen (15€, 30€ or 60€).
- The ATM issues a payment receipt with a 12-digit code number. Use it to top up following the same process used for recharge cards, i.e. by calling 1252 or 1254 from a different Vodafone (tariff plan or prepaid) mobile phone free of charge.
Top up through a Vodafone tariff plan subscriber
Topping up through a Vodafone tariff plan subscriber and debiting their account, is an alternative top-up method in case you are unable to purchase a recharge card. The Vodafone tariff plan subscriber may call 1252 free of charge and follow the recorded instructions in order to select amongst the amounts of 10€, 20€, 25€, 30€, 35€, 50€, 70€ and 100€ by debiting their account.
Top up while abroad using Greek cards
You can top up using a Greek card while abroad by calling 1253 free of charge or sending a text message to 1252 with the letter "A" followed by a space and the 12-digit number printed on the card. Or you can top up by calling +306944401254 from a different mobile phone, with a relevant charge for the outgoing call to Greece.